Providing the Latest Technology & Exceptional Service Throughout Southern California
At Pacific Plumbing of Southern California, we understand the frustration you feel when the hot water suddenly stops working. We are here when you need water heater repair or installation in Santa Ana or anywhere in Orange County. Our fourth-generation, family-owned business offers the latest technology and best units to meet the requirements of any home or commercial property.
What Are the Most Common Water Heater Issues?
At Pacific Plumbing of Southern California, we understand that a well-functioning water heater is essential for your daily comfort. Unfortunately, like any appliance, water heaters can experience problems over time. Being aware of common water heater issues can help you identify problems early and seek professional assistance before they escalate.
Here are some of the most frequent water heater issues homeowners encounter:
- Lack of Hot Water: If your water heater isn't producing enough hot water or none at all, it could be due to a malfunctioning heating element, a faulty thermostat, or sediment buildup in the tank. A professional inspection can determine the cause and recommend the appropriate solution.
- Inconsistent Water Temperature: Fluctuating water temperatures can be caused by a variety of factors, including a faulty thermostat, a malfunctioning heating element, or issues with the electrical or gas supply. Our experts can diagnose the problem and restore consistent temperature control.
- Rusty or Discolored Water: Rusty or discolored water coming from your taps can be a sign of corrosion inside the water heater tank. It's essential to address this issue promptly to prevent further damage and ensure your water remains safe to use.
- Unusual Noises: Gurgling, popping, or banging sounds coming from your water heater could indicate sediment buildup in the tank, which interferes with the heating process. Regular maintenance can prevent this issue and maintain your water heater's efficiency.
- Leaks: Water pooling around the base of your water heater is a clear sign of a leak. Leaks can be caused by a variety of issues, such as a faulty pressure relief valve, a corroded tank, or loose connections. Ignoring leaks can lead to water damage and increased utility bills.
- High Energy Bills: A sudden increase in your energy bills might be attributed to an inefficient water heater. Sediment buildup, a malfunctioning thermostat, or a compromised heating element can cause your water heater to work harder, consuming more energy than necessary.
- Pilot Light Problems: For gas water heaters, a pilot light that won't stay lit or goes out frequently can indicate issues with the thermocouple, gas supply, or ventilation. It's important to address pilot light problems to prevent potential gas leaks and ensure safe operation.
- Smelly or Foul Odors: Foul odors emanating from your hot water taps can be caused by bacteria reacting with the anode rod inside the tank. Flushing the tank and replacing the anode rod can help eliminate the odor.
- Sediment Buildup: Over time, sediment can accumulate at the bottom of the tank, affecting heating efficiency and causing other issues. Regular flushing and maintenance can prevent sediment buildup and extend the life of your water heater.
If you're experiencing any of these common water heater issues or other problems with your water heater, don't hesitate to contact Pacific Plumbing of Southern California. Our skilled technicians are well-equipped to diagnose and address water heater problems promptly and effectively, restoring your hot water supply and ensuring your home's comfort.
Types of Water Heaters
The main types of water heaters are conventional water heaters, which have a storage tank to hold the heated water and tankless water heaters that make hot water on demand.
Factors to Consider When Choosing a Water Heater
The right water heater is a decision that will impacts your comfort, energy efficiency, and overall convenience. At Pacific Plumbing of Southern California, we understand that choosing the ideal water heater can be overwhelming.
Here are the most important factors to consider when making your decision:
- Fuel Type
- Water Heater Type
- Size and Capacity
- Energy Efficiency
- Maintenance Requirements
- Installation Space
- Upfront Costs vs. Long-Term Savings
- Warranty and Lifespan
At Pacific Plumbing of Southern California, our experts are here to help you navigate the process of selecting the right water heater for your home. We consider your specific needs, budget, and preferences to recommend the ideal water heater that will provide reliable hot water and optimal efficiency.
Tankless Water Heaters
The benefits of tankless water heaters include:
- A constant supply of hot water
- Use less energy to heat the water
- Reduce energy waste
- Compact size requires less space
- A longer lifespan than water heaters with a tank
Although there are many advantages to switching to a tankless water heater, these models are more expensive than a water heater with a tank. Regardless of the type of water heater you choose, it is important to get a unit with the capacity needed to meet your family’s hot water needs. Our Santa Ana water heater installation specialists can explain your options and help you make the best decision for your home.
How To Tell If Your Water Heater Is Broken
While some signs are more obvious, such as losing all hot water, others may not be. However, there are things you can look for that may indicate your water heater is in need of a repair. Keep an eye out for any of the following, as delaying the repair process can cause further damage.
The signs of water heater failure include:
- A change in your water’s color, smell, or taste
- You notice unusual clanging sounds when the water heater is running
- There is a noticeable leak
- Your water temperature is inconsistent
- It takes longer for you to get hot water or you run out of hot water quicker than normal
Keeping up with necessary repairs and regular maintenance can help extend the life of your system. However, if your water heater is over 10 years old then it may in your best interest to invest in a new system.
Available for Your Emergencies
We are convenient- with 24/7 emergency service available, free estimates, and Spanish-speaking technicians. If you call, we will be there right away!
Reliable & RespectfulWe function like a big family unit, and as such we are big on making sure we care for our customers, creating lifelong relationships.
Union Trained PlumbersOur qualified technicians are union trained, journeyman level experts who continue ongoing training to ensure they are up-to-date on new technology.
Established Since 1929
We are a 4th generation family-owned business. For 90 years we have been taking care of Orange County's plumbing needs.
Our experienced Santa Ana water heater repair technicians make every effort to repair water heaters whenever possible. However, if your water heater is reaching the end of its expected lifespan or damaged beyond repair, we may recommend replacement. We are happy to provide a free estimate for your water heater repair in Santa Ana.
The most common reasons for water heater replacement:
- Numerous Costly Repairs
- High Energy Bills
- Inadequate Heating
- Rusty Water
Professional and Flawless Work
"If you want a super high-quality job call Pacific Plumbing. Their prices are reasonable and you never have to worry about the job not getting done to perfection."- Dennis J.
Great Customer Service
"GREAT customer service, thank you!"- Frank O.
My Forever Plumber
"I am super happy with pacific plumbing. They will be my forever plumber! Thank you!"- Rocio P.
"Great staff, technicians are experts very professional."- Brooks E.
"Pacific is probably one of the last real plumbing companies left. Their level of customer service is unparalleled."
"No plumbing project is too large or too small for Pacific Plumbing of Santa Ana that's why they've been here since 1929!!"- Paul H.
Fill out the form below or call us at 714-699-9936. We'll be in touch shortly.